The Segway Personal Transporter is designed as a safe, clean transport that benefits the environment. But with their two wheels, gyroscopic, dynamic stabilization system and electric motors, many kids find fun to ride.
The Segway isn’t designed for children though. In fact, the Segway clearly states that minimum weight for the rider should be 100 pounds i.e. the age of 13 years old child. The concern with the minimum weight limit is that kids under 100 pounds may not be able to slow down or stop their Segway since they have to shift your weight back to stop. However, there are many companies such as UberChilli provide Segways for children less than 100 pounds so you can avail Segway from there.
In this article, we will discuss Segway Safety tips for children weight less than 100 pounds in great detail.
- Kids must wear a properly fitting helmet when riding.
- Start your kids out in Turtle mode, a low-speed beginner mode.
- Have an experienced rider teach them how to ride, turn and stop and spot you while your kid rides for the first time.
- Teach kids not to push their Segways of UK past its limits such as by continuing to lean forward when they ger Speed Limiting Alert, continuing to ride when they get a Stick Shake Warning or riding on steep slopes and slippery surface.
- Supervise kids so that they don’t take extra risks while riding
- Make sure that they stay away from traffic areas.
- Have a working fire extinguisher nearby while charging or using your Segways in and around your home in case it explodes.
- Change it in an open area away from combustible materials
- Have your kids gear up before riding which means putting on a Segways helmet, elbow and knee pads and wrist guards.
- Do not let your kid use Segway on or near a road
Always pay attention to the board’s signs and indicators. Keep a safe distance between yourself and your kid. Check out here to learn how Segway can help you to have a leaner body in great detail.